Smart home technology is not only impacting the houses it’s installed into. From home automation to smart kitchens, climate control, and security, its reach stretches to other industries like business, science and even health care.
Below is a Subscriptionly.net infographic, detailing the numbers and change caused by smart homes. It was first published on SafeAtLast.
Key Smart Home Statistics To Remember
- 57% of Americans say smart products save them 30min per day
- 45% of Americans save on average $1,179.60 per year with smart devices
- 62%, or 3 out of 5 Americans claim that home security is the main benefit of smart products
- 81% of buyers claim they would rather purchase a home with smart products already installed
- Home security systems will account for over $100 Billion by 2020 in the security market
- 57.7% of smart tech users are male and 42.3% are female