This is a guest post by Ray Sherlock. Ray is the owner of Engage Hub Social Media Agency in Manchester, UK; a social media and influencer agency with a passion for video, engaging content, and disruptive campaigns.
10 social media tips to help you sell more books
The traditional marketing methods, such as advertising on television or radio, distributing pamphlets, and door to door marketing are not in a position to deliver effective results nowadays. The lives of people have changed along with the technology. As a result, people get all the information they want through the Internet. This has led them to also network with each other through the internet, thus giving life to a large number of social media networks. These are now an ideal platform for social media marketing.
Most people prefer to use social media networks on a daily basis for their entertainment purposes. Even though social media networks were created with the objective of inviting people to connect with each other and share their ideas, business owners have discovered excellent marketing opportunities in them. For example, businesses can have their own channels in leading social media networks such as Facebook and Twitter. They can use those channels to market their products or services. Interested people can follow those channels and get to know about the latest updates on businesses.
A variety of methods are available for business owners to promote their products or services through the internet. If, for example, you are planning to sell books over the internet, this can be considered as one of the best marketing opportunities available to generate more sales. Social media marketing holds a prominent place. In fact, it is quite impossible to find a business that doesn’t have a Facebook page. These social media networks have become required facilities where business owners can promote their products or services at a reasonable price tag.
10 Useful Tips
Below are 10 useful tips that you will have to keep in your mind in order to generate more sales.
- Use Medium to give writing prompt – If you take a look at Medium, you will be able to see thousands of writers sharing their expressions. You can also become one of them in order to sell more books at the end of the day.
- Run a hashtag campaign on Twitter – You can run a large scale marketing campaign on Twitter, along with the name of your product or service. This will help you get noticed within a short period of time.
- Offer discounts on your products or services – You can ask people to share information about your products or services on social media. In return, you can provide them with amazing discounts. In some cases, such as with digital products, you can even think about giving something away for free.
- Provide answers to questions on Quora – You can simply look for questions on Quora about the niche that your products are in. You can tempt people into finding out more there. This can definitely help you to make more sales.
- Crowdsource your products or services – Crowdsourcing can be considered as one of the most effective methods of marketing. It helps people create and sell products without spending too much of an effort.
- Provide advice to people on Twitter – Twitter Q and A sessions are another excellent method to get people interested in your products or services.
- Create Facebook groups – You can create a Facebook group and add people who you think will enjoy your product or service. You will then be able to share important and tempting information on that group.
- Create YouTube videos – You will be able to create videos on YouTube and promote them to potential audiences. This has been identified as one of the most effective and useful methods available for you to promote your product or service.
- Post photos on Instagram – Instagram is all about posting visual content. Hence, you can take your products or services to Instagram by uploading photos.
- Maintain a blog – You should always maintain a dedicated blog for your products or services. You can add interesting articles to the blog on a daily basis.
A large number of companies are now promoting their products and services through social media networks. This has resulted in increased competition between them. In order to overcome the competition, companies prefer to add more value to their products. On the other hand, marketers try various techniques to engage potential customers with their marketing campaigns. Some companies even hire dedicated social media marketing experts because they have realized the effectiveness of these campaigns.
You should remember that simply creating a business profile on leading social media networks won’t do any good for you. You need to use those profiles to promote the products or services that you offer. In addition, you should have the objective of increasing your fan base on a daily basis. The number of fans that you have on your social media profile can directly contribute towards your reputation as well.
Social media marketing is in a position to create a tremendous impact on your business. You just need to learn how to market your business in the right way at the right time. A lot of companies out there have achieved success with social media marketing and it is the high time to think about it if you haven’t already done so!